Tuesday, April 24, 2018

oh Christmas tree

anyone want to tell me where this girl comes from?
seriously she is the silliest!


ty had his 6 month Check up to start out the week.
he is doing wonderfully and getting big!
seriously how is he growing up so fast?
with Tyson's upcoming wedding I thought we better get in some haircuts.
I haven't had my hair cut since before my Crohn's surgery.... TWO YEARS!
so I scheduled madyn a haircut and one for me the next day.
let's just say day 1 of haircuts was a little crazy.
Madyn was super nervous to get her hair cut....
and by the time it was all said and done ty was over it.
he was ready to eat and for a nap so let's just say I was ready to get out of the 
salon as fast as I could before all hell broke loose from my children. 
so when I got home and took a closer look at little miss I about lost it!



I wanted little miss to have a long aline cut.... not a crooked cut...
needless to say I cancelled my appointment and started looking for someone 
to help fix little miss' hair.
everyone told me I should just take her back to the lady that did it 
but she already cut it shorter then I wanted and I wasn't about it have her
butcher it some more.
luckily I had some recommendations from some local friends on who to take her to.
and even better they all recommended the same person.
so the next day we went and got it all straightened and evened out.
Friday Eric had the day off so we were able to get my infusion done
and some other errands accomplished. 
what can I say...
I love a productive day!
and then Saturday we took off to the mountains to find us a Christmas Tree!







and oh my heck you guys... we walked, and walked, and walked and walked...
and just really didnt have any luck finding a good one.
our funny story of the day was when we came up upon the tree pictured below and
madyn was just sure that she found us the perfect tree!


sometimes it really frightens me how much she is like me!
after trying a few different spots for a tree the kids fell asleep in the truck
so Eric got out and went searching for one on his own.
he was gone for quite awhile but luckily brought one back with him!
he wasn't too happy with the one he found but we were tired of looking.
and to be honest I thought it was great.



all day madyn talked and talked about wanting to be the one to put the star on top...
and when it came her turn she completely chickened out.
(look at that short hair!)
it has grown on me and I have come to like it but it really is a lot shorter then I wanted!




all in all it was a pretty great end to a crazy week!
so grateful for those two sweet children and their dad.
I LOVE this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment